How do you go about looking for a construction company to fulfill your project needs?
Innovative materials and a whole new world of ecologically aware building systems are emerging daily all over the world.
It's enough just to keep up with building codes, let alone ensure that you stay on top of your field.
What about being a customer? What are you looking for? What should you be looking for in a company?
Ultimately, you have a job you would like to accomplish, and choosing a construction company to get it done can be daunting if you don't have a map to help guide you.
Here are the top 5 things to look for in a commercial construction company:
- Experience: one only needs to check out what a company and team has created. This comes in form of physically checking the floors, paint, and finished product. In this industry details matter, and it's often in the nooks and corners where one will see whether care was taken to polish the areas that are never seen by the passer by. Experience will also lead to many layers and questions that ensure nothing is missed in your project.
- Education: a company passionate about education and ensuring that everyone is not only up on their certifications and board approved safety courses, but also into the deeper layers of self care, interpersonal relationships, and work-life balance. We are what we know, and what we know determines what we think and believe ... and all of this leads to our actions and destiny.
- Questions: knowing how to ask the right questions as a client is one of the toughest things to do. You really just want the job done without any hassles or surprises. It's often in the details that get missed in the initial and ongoing assessments that can cause any project to begin to swing sideways. If you have someone who asks a lot of questions before even providing the quote, you have someone who cares enough to not make any assumptions, and know that the job is going to be accomplished flawlessly.
- Simplicity: have you ever observed a professional working? Don't they make it look effortless? One aspect of bringing about a flawless project is how effortless the team makes it look. While construction is often very hard work, it's all in how professionals bring it all together... making it look easy while putting in every bit of effort, and more.
- Follow Up & Follow Through: it is said that 80% of the success in construction is follow up and follow through. This begins with the very first steps being taken, ensuring that you know what is happening along the way, so that you are satisfied that the utmost care is being done to implement the everything that needs to be to accomplish the outcome you want.
I'm sure you have heard of the 80/20 rule right?
What about the 4% rule?
The 4% are the 20% of the 20%... the top performers who lead every industry in the world.
The top five characteristics described above are the way that the 4%'s operate all the time. If you can find a company that is lead by at least ONE 4%er ... you're going to be able to breath easy, knowing that your project is going to have a very high chance of being completed just the way you want it, on time, and on budget. A 4%er cares enough to make sure that he or she will think of things you would never even begin to understand ... and make it look easy while putting in every bit as much effort as their teams, and more.
Wouldn't it be great to find a company that has been lucky enough to have found a whole group of 4% leaders?
What could you accomplish if you had such an epic team to work with?